Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eid Kbir

This is a quick blog

I want to write a really lengthy one on Ram Slaughter Day, but I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet.

I will say this:
- They didn't scream, like I thought they would
- they kicked LONG after their throat was slit. that was rough
- The first one had no idea what was coming, but the second one sure did and tried to escape. Didn't work though. It just prolonged it.
- It wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but maybe that was because I was tired of living in a barn and would rather live in a meat freezer.
- Yes, the streets ran red with blood. Thick blood. And no, they didn't hose it off or anything. It's probably all still there. That's a weird smell. There are a lot of weird smells here.

So the reason I haven't written a really good blog about the whole experience is because I was moving. I moved from my training town and now I'm on the coast near Rabat (the capital) because tomorrow, ::drum roll!:: I will be sworn in Officially as a Peace Corps Volunteer (and not a trainee) by the ambassador. And then Thursday morning, Thanksgiving day, I will be on my way to South Eastern Morocco to start my two years of service. There is almost no grace time in between, other than that it will take me two days to get there. (carting everything I own on public transportation!)

So since I am officially the most isolated volunteer in my training group-- by far-- I have been enjoying socializing with the other 60 or so volunteers with whom I'll be sworn in, since I won't be able to see people that often after Thursday. I'm five or six hours away from the closest volunteer I actually know. And I'm a two hour taxi ride away from the closest volunteer-- period.

So I'll catch up on my blog next week when I'm all alone in my new town.

By then the ram intestines that they have stuffed with other good stuff and made into sausage should be ready so I can write about all of it at once! Yay!!!

Lovin' every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment